Bananas are one of the rich in potassium and fibre. They may help prevent asthma, cancer, high blood pressure, diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and digestive problems.
Bananas are being rich in vitamin B6, a good source of vitamin C, dietary fibre and manganese. The Dietetics Department at Tiong Bahru Community Health Centre explains. Eating a banana is good for your health, fat-free, cholesterol-free and virtually sodium-free. There are some health benefits of bananas the following;
Sources of Vitamin B6
Bananas are providing vitamin B6 and it is easily absorbed by your body. Health benefits of red banana are helping your body:
- Produce red blood cells,
- Metabolise carbohydrates and fats, turning them into energy,
- Metabolise amino acids,
- Remove unwanted chemicals from your liver and kidneys, and
- Maintain a healthy nervous system.
- Vitamin b6 is also good for pregnant women as it helps meet their baby’s development needs.
Sources of Vitamin C
Bananas are also providing vitamin C but a medium-sized banana will provide about 10% of your daily vitamin C needs. Vitamin C is helping:
- Protect your body against cell and tissue damage,
- Your body absorbs iron better,
- Your body produces collagen – the protein which holds your skin, bones and body together, and
- Support brain health by producing serotonin, a hormone that affects our sleep cycle, moods, and experiences of stress and pain.
Good for Your Skin
Banana is providing approximately 13% of your daily manganese needs. This is protecting your skin and other cells against free radical damage.
Good for Your Heart Health and Blood Pressure
A medium-sized banana will provide around 320-400 mg of potassium, which meets about 10% of your daily potassium needs. Bananas really healthy for your body maintain a healthy heart and blood pressure.
Help Beat Gastrointestinal Issues
A medium banana is providing 10-12% of your daily fibre needs. Fibre is helping your body control your blood sugar. This helps to maintain your gut healthy and safe from harmful bacteria. Bananas are managing your weight better as you stay full for longer. Bananas can help you beat gastrointestinal problem such as:
- Stomach ulcers, and
Bananas give you energy
Bananas Containing three natural sugars such as sucrose, fructose and glucose. This is giving you a fat and cholesterol-free source of energy. Bananas are ideal for children and athletes, for breakfast, as a midday snack or before and after sports.